Thank you, Anne at Inked Brownies for nominating me for this award!
Well, I think it’s a thank you because I’m not exactly sure what to do with it. It seems there are rules and, frankly, I’m not very fond of rules as they often just get in the way of living.
The Versatile Blogger rules are as follows:
- Show the award on your blog
- Thank the person that has nominated you
- Share 7 different facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 blogs of your choice
- Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination
Numbers 1 and 2 are not so difficult. Facts about myself – that’s quite a different piece of cake/kettle of fish/bowl of cereal/ But here goes –
- Both my parents were born in South Africa. As a child, my mother learned to speak Dutch (not Afrikaans because it wasn’t an officially recognised language then.)
- When I was two, I lost most of the top joint of my left forefinger in my one and only encounter with a shotgun.
- My first cinema “date” was when I was six years old. After the show, we went for strawberries and ice cream in a nearby café. (In those days, kids could go out at night without parents and without worrying too much about being molested.)
- One of my first ever paid jobs was delivering Christmas mail during my student Xmas vacations. I loved it.
- I once played ‘Zoltan Karpathy’ in the musical My Fair Lady.
- Scariest things I’ve ever done: diving off the Barrier Reef in Australia and crawling along the coal face of a mine in pitch darkness.
- I served for five years as the chairman of a school’s governors.
- BONUS – go on, have a laugh at the photo!
Moving on . . . I always think it unfair to pick out individual blogs because that means also leaving someone out. One of my criteria for picking blogs to view and read is that they ARE versatile.
So, if you are reading this, consider yourself nominated. And if you’d like to share a few facts about yourself, please do! But don’t feel obligated.